FUT HAIR TRANSPLANT IN HYDERABAD
FUT or follicular unit transplant also known as “Strip surgery” is one of the most common and effectively used procedures, in the field of Hair transplant for years. It is a hair restoration technique where the naturally occurring group of 1-4 hairs called as follicular units are used as grafts. The difference between FUE and FUT is the method of obtaining these follicular units. FUT primarily involves, removing the hair bearing skin by using a scalpel, from the back of a person’s head. This gap is later meticulously sutured together leaving a faint linear scar, only visible if the head is completely shaven. The obtained strip of hair then further is divided into grafts, which consist of one or two follicles. These grafts are further implanted in the required/desired area, in a manner that resembles implantation with the FUE Hair Transplant technique.
In FUT surgery, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from the back or side of your head and extracts individual hair follicles. These follicles are then inserted into the balding parts of your scalp. The surgery works best at covering a receding hairline caused by male pattern baldness.
How Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) works
During FUT Hair Transplant in Hyderabad, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from your scalp, usually from the back of your head. The exact size of the strip depends on the number of follicles needed to cover bald spots. The strip usually doesn’t exceed 1 to 1.5 centimeters (0.4 to 0.6 inches) wide. Once the individual follicles are removed from the strip, they’re re-inserted into your scalp. Hair transplant Treatment or Surgeries in Hyderabad take between 4 and 8 hours. FUT Hair Transplant Surgery is generally quicker than FUE Hair Transplant Surgery. Most people stay awake during the surgery with a local anesthesia that numbs their scalp.
- The surgeon will re-draw your hairline, mark the area of hair extraction, and take photographs for your medical record. You may have the option of taking a sedative before surgery. Local anesthesia will be applied to your scalp to numb it.
- The hair at the donor site, where your hair is removed from, will be trimmed to about two millimeters.
- The surgeon will cut out the strip of skin with the hair follicles that will be used as a graft. You’ll stay awake during the surgery.
- A technician will remove individual hair follicles from the strip and prepare them for transplantation.
- The surgeon will close your scalp with sutures.
- The hair follicles will then be inserted into the balding parts of your scalp in a pattern that looks natural.
- An antibiotic and bandages will be applied to your scalp.
Most people see results from the surgery in 6 to 9 months. Some people have to wait a year to see results.
Who needs a FUT Hair Transplant procedure?
Both FUT and FUE transplants require you to have enough hair on your head to use as a graft. Men with androgenic alopecia (commonly called male pattern baldness) make the best candidates for FUT. In men, this condition commonly appears in the Norwood pattern or an M-shaped hairline with hair loss at the temples. Women with this condition usually experience the Ludwig pattern, which causes hair loss along the hair part or thinning at the top of the head. If a medical condition like a thyroid disorder or alopecia aerate is causing your hair loss, FUT surgery likely won’t be an option. The following conditions also make you a good candidate trusted Source for FUT surgery:
- Age. FUT is generally performed on people over the age of 25. Hair loss patterns are less predictable in younger people.
- Diagnosis. Men with the Norwood pattern of hair loss tend to respond best to hair transplantation.
- Hair thickness. People with a high hair follicle density generally receive better coverage.
- Area of balding. FUT is most useful for treating hair loss at the front of the head.
- Hair color. People with a hair color similar to their skin color generally make better candidates since they have less color contrast.
Difference FUT vs. FUE Hair Transplant
FUT and FUE both involve transplanting individual hair follicles. During FUT surgery, a surgeon cuts a strip of skin from the back or side of your scalp and then extracts the hair follicles. In FUE surgery, your surgeon will remove individual hair follicles directly from your scalp, rather than first taking a strip of scalp skin. FUE is currently the more common trusted surgery.
FUT Hair Transplant side effects and precautions
Complications after FUT are rare. A large supply of blood to the head allows it to heal quickly and helps prevent infections. Some potential complications include:
- unnatural looking hair
- bumps or scarring
- inflammation of hair follicles (folliculitis)
- FUT scarring
FUT surgery leaves a scar at the site of hair removal. The scar will fade over time but is permanent. The size of the scar depends on how many hair follicles were used during surgery. The scar is generally hidden by your hair, but it may be visible if you keep your hair short.
Shock hair loss: Donor hair is commonly referred to as shock hair loss. It’s a common occurrence where transplanted hair falls out within two months after surgery. The hair almost always grows back within four months.
FUT hair transplant cost in Hyderabad.
The average cost of FUT hair transplant may be between Rs. 25000/- to Rs. 1,50,000/-. The price may be even higher at some clinics.
Some factors that can determine the cost include:
- Amount of hair being transplanted: Most clinics charge by the number of hair follicles being transplanted, but some clinics offer a fixed price.
- The surgeon. The price of surgery varies between clinics and the experience of the surgeon.
- Location. Clinics in some cities may charge more for FUT surgery.
- Travel costs. If you have to travel for your surgery, you should also budget for travel expenses.
Some clinics offer payment plans to pay for the surgery over several installments.
- Hair transplant at COMHTS is done using our trademarked.
- We have a team of highly qualified and experienced surgeon and staff who have practiced skills over time.
- We do detailed hair analysis to understand the proper condition of your hair
- We do proper planning for the surgery regarding distribution of grafts and density.
- Anesthesia, Slit-making and extraction is done entirely by skilled surgeons.
- Implantation done by in-house surgeon.
- Virtually painless procedure.
- Slits are made with cut-to-size blades according to the customized plan for each patient.
- Extraction done by using ‘punches’ – Our customized punches to provide you the best quality grafts.
- Try to keep transection rate < 3%.
- Minimal out-of-body graft duration.
- Counting of grafts at every step of surgery.
- First in- first out technique for implantation.
- Extremely hygienic and state of art operation theatres.
- Proper follow-up and post-operative care.
All the above steps help us to ensure the best results for our patients …