Are you facing hair loss? Is your hair thinning? Want to restore your previous natural look but do not want surgery? Here’s is the solution that you need to know. Platelet Rich Plasma treatment for hair regrowth.
What is PRP?
Platelets, which are also known as thrombocytes, are one of three types of cells in our blood, as well as red blood cells (erythrocytes) and white blood cells (leukocytes). Red blood cells carry oxygen and carbon dioxide; white blood cells fight infection, and platelets cause clotting and promote the healing of damaged tissues.
But how does that affect hair growth?
PRP contains a variety of growth factors and proteins that speed up tissue repair. Since some types of hair loss cause because of hair loss, researchers initially thought that PRP could help restore hair by reversing the process that occurs in androgenetic alopecia, commonly called baldness.
What is the process of PRP therapy?
- In the first step, the patient’s own blood is drawn from the arm’s vein, which ranges from 20ml – 45ml depending upon the size of treated areas.
- We use a centrifuge procedure to separate platelets from the blood. The machine rotates at a rapid rate, which separates the blood components. The double spin method ensures the perfect combination of rich platelets with growth factors.
- After centrifugation, it separates the blood into three parts as platelet-poor plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and blood cells.
- The extracted Platelet-Rich-Plasma get activated using an activating agent.
- Before injecting PRP to the scalp, we make sure that the patient will not feel pain by giving local anesthesia.
- In the last step, we inject extracted PRP into the affected area with the use of microneedles. The entire procedure may take up to a maximum of 1 hour.
What about the results of PRP therapy?
One can see the result, which is regrowth of hair in 2 to 3 months after the treatment. Some patients have to repeat the sessions for the desired result after 3 months. And the results last up to 6 months to 1 year, depending upon the maintenance.
COMHTS Hair Restoration Clinic
We offer the best, safest, non-invasive and ethical Hair Restoration Treatments from the most eligible Maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Aseema Pati, to get your natural look back. Contact us now to get the best advice.