The ‘New’ should always need extra care. The same applies to transplanted hair as well.
Hi, I am Dr. Aseema Pati, Hair transplant surgeon and I am back with another most important query on hair transplant – What are the complications with a hair transplant?
Hair transplant is the most common and less complicated aesthetic surgical procedure nowadays. But there are a variety of possible problems that can be less severe and manageable.
At the time of surgery:
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Swelling or bruising on the lower eyelids
- Bleeding while extracting grafts and after stitches in the donor area
- Mild discomfort or pain
After the surgery:
- Numbness or lack of sensation on the treated areas
- Infection or inflammation of hair follicles
- Postoperative itching is common in the donor and recipient area
- Hiccups or cough
- Some mild swelling may occur in some patients for a couple of days after the transplant
- A tight feeling in the scalp
Each patient should be isolated, planned, and operated on with the goal of minimizing complications and complaints. Proper care and medication should be taken by the patient to grab the best results such as –
- Pain medication
- Antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection
- Anti-inflammatory medications to keep swelling down
- Avoid exercise and arduous activity that increases blood pressure
If you have any queries regarding Hair Transplantation or want to take a personalized consultation, feel free to contact us. It’s absolutely free!